Saturday, June 19, 2010

Coney Island!

Saturday 19th June

Hi everyone!
Sorry I didnt write an entry yesterday I was totally exhausted when I got home from class and all I want to do was sleep!

Well after a long and much needed rest I woke up feeling fresh and ready to go exploring! originally I was going to go to the new musuem today under a certain comic book fans instruction but I found out that some guys were going to coney island so I thought I would go explore!

It turned out only Matt, Autumn, Cassey and Me were heading out to Coney so we jumped on the subway to Atlantic Avenue and then got the N train all the way tyo Coney. It only took about 40 mintues all in all. It just so happened that today was the Mermaid Parade! I was soooooo excited when I saw this and if I had known I would have pulled out my Ariel suit!
It was really sunny on the island and I appiled some much need sun cream because I could feel the burn just standing in the sun for five minutes! We watched the parade for a wee while then we walked along the beack to Nathans Hot Dogs! which is the oldest place on Coney to get one and the most famous!
The costumes in the parade were amazing some people had went full out! and I saw a lot of shells that didnt quite cover the lady part area!
The hot dog was amazing and really cheap which made me feel a bit better about eating it! Once we had eaten we went and bought some beach towels. I bought a coney island one that had a mermaid on it! so that was my souniveir from coney!
We then headed to the beach, I once again applied the sun cream and as the others fell asleep I read my magizines that I had bought at the airport which I hadnt read yet!
It was about 6pm when we headed back to Brooklyn. The subway back was really busy but we managed to get a seat.
Coney Island was amazing, it was busy and full of people up for a party! it even had its own fair ground with a big wheel and the cyclone. It was very expensive to ride on them so we took a raincheck!

When we got back to the dorms we decided that we would go see toy story 3 with the others but when we got there it was sold out. So we went for dinner and got an good deal of a salad, pizza and glass of wine for $10.
Feeling very full we took a trip down to the promenade. It was amazing to look over and see the manhattan skyline all lit up!

It is now very late and I am going to head to bed, but tomorrow I am going to go my trip to the New museum and have a look around manhattan properly!

Speak to you all soon!

love
Jen
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment